Country Evangelical Covenant Church
Our history goes back over 135 years to 1885, when a small group gathered in homes for spiritual fellowship. As the members off this informal group grew, arrangements were made to hold services in the Lily Lake Congregational Church. In 1894 a decision was made to organize as a formal church. In August of that year, we were officially organized as the Svenska Missions Församling (Swedish Missionary Church). Yes in those days, Swedish was the language spoken and sermons given in.
With a desire to have their own building, construction began on the present church building in 1899. With completion, a service of dedication was held on February 4, 1900.
Over the years many changes have come to our church. English replaced Swedish, the church building was remodeled and tripled in size, a parsonage was built. What is now Illinois Route 47 moved from the east side of the church to its present location to the west. We are still a rural church but well within a short travel time for our surrounding communities. More History
As part of the Evangelical Covenant Church, Country Covenant is a denominational church.
As a "Covenant" church we hold to these tenants: